stripped pump plug and weaker flow in shallow returns

Hard to tell if coming from the filter. Try removing the sight glass, emptying the water and placing back. If the sight glass fills up, then probability something is leaking in the MPV or even the gasket (not sure) as I have not had to deal with this "YET". Although, I would not be overly concerned about this little water. My friend with a DE filter and MPV on the side had his water on filter going to the "waste". Eventually, he had to replace the whole MPV. For now, I would leave it alone.

Try stuffing an old sweatshirt for a day or so and see how soaked the shirt becomes as well. The shirt will absorb water and you can get a better idea as well.

Ok. Before I remove the sight glass, should I turn the pump off? And when I put it back should the pump be on or off?

Yes, I would. Then dry the sight glass even inside. Make sure the gasket is place inside and even if you want, one or two turns of Teflon (not needed at all), but for this one you may want to test. After you place inside the MPV turn on the filter and babysit for about 10 minutes. See if the sight glass fills up with water. If not, come back daily to see where you are and you can even mark it. Not that it makes a bit of a difference, but if fills up quickly, then you know that this is the issue. If not, then maybe you have some water escaping. Like I mentioned, not a big deal.

I noticed a small leak coming from the Booster pump and tightened the plug. It seems like the Booster pump needs to be plugged in for the gas heater to work. Does the Booster pump need to be plugged in when the gas heater is off?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.