strange behavior from pool leak?

Oct 14, 2016
Virginia Beach
so we've been losing water and I didn't have time to diagnose and called in a leak detection company. the tech dove the pool today and found 5 half moon shaped cuts in the liner towards the bottom slope in the side. the odd thing is, when we let the pool just drain to where it stopped, it would always stop at the bottom of the skimmer. this is counter intuitive based on where the leak was found. i don't understand why this would be the case. anyone have any ideas or insight?

All I can figure is the cuts you see at the bottom of the liner may not have fully penetrated. If they did, there's no doubt the weight of water in a 20K pool would push out of those cuts. Even a pinhole equates to hundreds of gallons in no time. If the water stops at the skimmer, there's your leaky area. The exception would be if by some weird chance there's a cut at that lower waterline around the pool. My money is on the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.