Stenner pump vs the Liquidator

I cranked my psi up from its normal 20-23 to about 30-34 psi by turning on my 2nd story solar (maybe too many 90s going up and back accounts for that higher psi?) - but have had no issues whatsoever with the 25 psi model (use for acid injection). But agree....since it doesn't cost anything more to go with the higher psi (as I recall), why not get the higher psi, which also I believe comes with a check valve.

Adding the stenner to inject acid was the best improvement to my pool aside from the salt system. It wasn't only a convenience factor either. The daily steady, consistent addition of acid really helped overall pool chemistry. For us weekenders only, a real blessing. No more addressing acid levels just on weekends so as a result, far less swing in ph levels. Now, ph rock solid each and every day.

Another question: the Stenner pumps are rated in "gallons per day" (GPD). So this means that if the pump were to run continuously, for 24 hours straight, then a total of 3 gallons of liquid would be dispensed. Is this correct?

Yes that's correct. Within each of the series (45 or 85) the pump is the same model, with the different GPD actually determined by the tube that goes around the rollers. That tube is easily replaced so you can adjust GPD very easily by getting a different tube.

So I want the 100 psi or 25 psi pump? I am building a system now and thought I would need the low pressure. I am all ears. I have to go Stenner as I have been pouring liquid chlorine for a over a year and it's tiresome. I don't know how anyone uses pucks, as my CYA always goes up with them.

I use the the 100 psi model mainly because it comes with a check valve on the discharge line where it feeds into the main pump return line. This allows you to unhook the chlorine discharge line and measure the output without shutting down the main pump. My Stenner is two years old and it has quit feeding twice when it developed leaks on the suction side. Being able to unhook the discharge line allowed me to find the problem pretty quick. The 25 psi model would work with my system because the main pump only puts out about 15 psi, but the check valve makes life simpler.

Just in case others like my self have this issue, I have purchased a rectangular sun sail shade to cover my pool equip (UV/sun shade protection and still some light and rain comes through. Not much cost involved I found mine on amazon with the hardware.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.