Steel Wall Vinyl vs Cement Wall Liner

Ok, newbie here.
Have done quite a bit of research, brought in 6 companies for estimates and now my head hurts. 1/2 do steel wall other half cement wall. Everybody does their sales pitch etc on why they have the best bla bla bla.
Now, pricing is similar with all companies, looking at a 18x20x40 ish lagoon style and would love to add a waterfall etc. If going steel wall obviously weight of rocks would need to be kept off the ledge of the pool correct and would need its own support (concrete pad/crushed stone etc). Obviously if I go cement wall waterfall could sit on top of pool ledge correct? Anybody have some insight or pics of their own and what kind of pool structure you have?
thanks

There is one company here in NJ that does a cement wall (10" thick) with a 2" base (Portland & Sand) mix, a bench and a liner. Others all do steel walls. The only disadvantage to a cement wall is that if your liner is cut on the wall, you may not find it. A steel wall starts showing a stain immediately. Then again, the floor is all the same and hard to find to begin with. Also, see if they build the ledge as well. You can walk on the ledge and have the bench. Real neat design.

I have a steel wall with stamped concrete. If I had to do it all over again, it would be a concrete wall and pavers. Pavers can be removed to access lines underground, while concrete has to be cut. Make sure the walls are smoothed out and foam is used behind the liner as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum:wave: Not sure what you mean by cement wall. Do you mean a pool without a liner?

Dave:

There are pool companies that build walls out of cement with liners.

image1.jpg

I went with a concrete walled pool. The price for the concrete wall was no more money from a competing company for the steel walled pool. I knew I wanted to use a SWCG and it took out any doubts the steel rusting or bowing out.

The local company has multiple concrete forms built for pools so they can do multiple configurations, including curved wall. Also, with these forms they can be used as a pool wall, above grade, for a sloping yard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.