Starting to look better...but.

"Enough is enough...I have had it with this algae in this pool. Everybody strap in, I am about to break out the big toys" Sorry, that's my best Samuel L Jackson impression. This algae is making me mad, there are cracks and crevices in these rocks that I can't get to with even a toothbrush and even a firm toothbrush is not stiff enough to rub off all of the green. Tomorrow I work from home in the day time, I am going to break out the big guns and BLAST this algae back to from whence it came.

***I apologize to all in this beautiful community if my quote offended. I thought that the majority of people would have seen the movie and knew where I was going, and how it fit right in with my situation. I would never purposely offend any of you that have been helping me soo much to get to the point I am at now. It will never happen again***
We feel your frustration man! I would be too!

Just be careful with the pressure washer. You can do some damage with it.

I think I mentioned this but get a spray bottle with some pure chlorine in it and spray some into those cracks. Wear goggles while doing this. Don’t want any splashing in your eyes.

Just be careful with the pressure washer. You can do some damage with it.

I think I mentioned this but get a spray bottle with some pure chlorine in it and spray some into those cracks. Wear goggles while doing this. Don’t want any splashing in your eyes.
I am sure that I took off a layer of cement in some places, to make sure there was no algae present.

It seems like the more I do, the worse it gets. Somehow I lost 13ppm while I was at work today. That's the most I have lost in a single day. After pressure washing every crack in the pool...smh
In medical terms, this is sort of like “lancing an abscess” or “debriding infected tissue” so the microbes are exposed and the antibiotics can work... So its not surprising that you are consuming more Fc since the microbes are not being pulled out as its being released by brushing and blasting. So it could be good for now... but preventing this by filling these voids, crevices, micro-environments where water isn't circulating will probably be the only way to prevent this from reocurring without all the repeated effort to prevent it. I think you sense that given your “losing battle” comments above. Actually you may yet win this battle ... but lose the war without the repairs you mentioned...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Annnnnndddd the saga continues...you wont believe what I forgot to do. I was sooo concentrated on testing and adjusting, and battling this algae, that I forgot the basics. Take a peek.

Biological debris can consume chlorine. Sand by itself should not, unless it is mixed with algae or other biomass that was growing on it or mixed with it. I’m assuming that it came from your blasting and brushing so possible.

Does PAP sell the same liquid that would be in the R-0871 for the FAS-DPD test? I ran out today, I ordered some a couple days ago but won't be here until Friday. Did not want to stop SLAM. Might have to just guess at the FC and add whatever LC I think it needs.

***Even though USPS said that it would be here Friday, it arrived just on time today to continue my SLAM****

Last edited:
I AM BAAAAAAAACK. Its been over a year since my last post when I gave up the fight against the algae, because my pool was too damaged for me to win. It was a losing battle. I only revived this thread to say hello again and ask you to keep an eye out for my updated post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.