Starting off right

c3BKSFU.jpg

Hopefully that clears up some confusion. That image contains all I know right now. The rightmost pipe is the one I *thought* went to waste, but after attempting to drain water from the pool today, appears to go absolutely nowhere. If I block off the aerator/main returns with that 3 way valve, the pump increases in noise, and the water in the pump basket becomes essentially still. The pool cleaner stops moving as well, and the filter PSI goes from 11 to 30+, then settles around 22. Left it like that for a bit (was that bad for the pump?), and the water level didn't go down, nor did the auto refill turn on.

Thanks for the continued help all, I'm pretty confused at this point... I could start digging to see where that pipe goes, but that could be a LOT of digging...

Well, I was kind of close. :) So you can turn that Jandy valve 180 degrees and nothing uh? That is odd. The mystery of that pipe to the right will bug me as well. Well, perhaps there is a mystery exit line somewhere you just haven't come across yet. Too bad you have no way of contacting the previous owners just to ask. Being such a large line (about 1.5" or 2" right?), seems a bit overkill for just that step fountain. I really thought the aerator line was for that. :( Well, if you "crack the code" let us know. Regardless, you have a nice set-up and pool there. Enjoy your swimming season in the Valley of the Sun. :sun:

Thanks Texas Splash and others... I'll speak with the neighbors (whom were good friends with the previous owners) and see if I can't find more information. I'm going to grab a shovel and do a little exploratory digging. Can't get through concrete but the side yard is just loose stone, so no grass to harm or anything. At least I can check to see whether that pipe goes towards the sewer cleanout or towards the pool.

It just seems odd that you have a return (the bubbler) that you can't get water to, and you have a return line that goes nowhere. Interesting coincidence.

So I did just a little exploratory digging...

UlY59FX.jpg

The pool is to the LEFT of the equipment, so the mystery "return" (I'm assuming here) should go to the sewer - it takes a 90* bend to the right, directly away from the pool, and towards the street. I do wonder why it doesn't just immediately tie into the backwash waste... FWIW, I have no idea where the backwash actually ties into the sewer, but I've used it without flooding anything, so it's definitely going to the sewer... The plot only thickens. Maybe the bubbler really just isn't plumbed in. All the other returns are labeled, seems odd to leave not notate the bubbler at all...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.