Started SLAM Process

Scotland

Oct 1, 2019
Memphis, TN
CYA was 20, FC was 3 & CC was 0.5.
2 hours after adding bleach FC is 13 and CC is 0. Anything else I need to regularly test?
Do I just keep adding bleach to keep FC at about 12, until the water goes clear and it passes the overnight test?

Did you adjust your pH to about 7.2 first? Colder water might not make that step such a big deal right now, but it may be something you check next time you find the FC below 10. It's difficult to confirm a CYA of 20 since the tube viewing isn't proportional to levels below 30, but if it is less than 20, an FC of 10 may suffice. If you later increase the CYA slightly to be sure it's a minimum of 30, then an FC of 20 is fine.

From there .... yes, maintain that proper FC level and do all the other tasks on the SLAM Process page. Good luck!

Sorry, yes. pH was 7.5.

Ok, so I’ll get the FC up to about 15?
Will the CYA increase with the SLAM process?

The pool is getting closed Dec 9th, so I need to get the FC stabilised before then. I’m told the CYA is not a massive concern given that I’m closing?

It will increase the amount of chlorine you need for the slam. Being that it's fall, the sun angle isn't strong so I would not do anything now with it. Just follow the slam and maybe on the back end up the CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.