North Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
The thaw in Georgia has given way to spring. I never fully "winterized" the pool, as it remained uncovered with the filter running throughout the winter. Freeze protection worked very well in the overnight periods where it stayed below freezing to keep the main filter pump safe. However, I drained my accessory and waterfall pumps and left them off the entire winter. My water temp is now over 60F and the SWG has started doing its thing. This past weekend I balanced the pool, added salt, CYA and increased calcium to where it needs to be. The water looks good, but I'm still dealing with pollen season 🤧. Should I de-winterize my other pumps now or wait until pollen season dies down? I'm going to have to clean my cartridge filters regardless, but I was thinking it might be best to get chlorinated water circulating through all of the pipes sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

If you are balancing your pool water than go ahead and start the pumps for the water features.
Thanks for being my voice of reason HermanTX. I put the plugs in, added enough water to the basket area to prime them, and both pumps are up and running. Other than some pine needles from the waterfall washing into the pool. All looks good!

Reactions: HermanTX
She lives! :cool: Note, the ducky floater is just to ensure constant CL until my SWG is fully operational and can be dialed back to normal settings. Water is currently 63F and may see the heater this weekend.
20230328_112127.jpg20230328_135516.jpg

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.