Start SLAM at night?

May 1, 2018
East KY
I’m just found this site and have learned a lot already. Thank you. I am getting ready to start a SLAM. Should I start at night to avoid loss to sunlight. Sorry just ordered test kit so no test numbers yet? I suspect I have very low CYA levels currently.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I moved your question into its own thread.

Starting at night has some advantages, but not required. Can't do much until you get the test kit though of course ;)

Wow I wish I had a pool around pasture like that. Very beautiful. I opened my pool this year to that color green, and I am already clear within 4 days.

Here are the numbers you want to ideally shoot for before running a SLAM.

FC 15 to 20 ppm during SLAM and depending on CYA
CC 0 to 0.5
PH 7.2 (for SLAM) raise to 7.4 or 7.6 once crystal clear
TA 90 (baking soda)
CH 250 ppm (calcium hypichlorite or other means)
CYA 40 ppm

Here are the methods that I use that were suggested to me on this site 4 years ago for clearing a green algae pool.

I triple filter to gain water clarity and trap green algae without having to
floc. Skimmer sock on skimmer basket. Cartridge filtration system I have. Duda diesel bag 5 micron on return jet clamped to 90 deg elbow.

Welded Industrial Filter Sock Bags Plastic Ring Flange Water Liquid Oil WVO Fuel | eBay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.