Stains on my vinyl liner, doesn't brush off...

callmedpit

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2014
Millersville, MD
I'm having some staining on my vinyl liner that doesn't brush off. Any idea what's going on and what I should do about it? It was not there when the pool closed for winter. Here's some pictures:

20170619_134245.jpg

3.jpg

The guy that built the pool for the orignal homeowner said the following...I wanted to be sure he was correct or not?

He says liner pools shouldn't stain at all, if there are spots they should brush off with a brush or with shock. If they do not its possible they are from a fungus living under the liner. He says in that case it can grow underneath the liner and show through, but you cannot treat it from above. Our chemical supplier says that if it is a treatable liner stain you can use "AscorbX" which is pretty much vitamin C to get rid of the staining. We have used vitamin c successfully on some concrete stains by literally just rubbing vitamin c tablets on the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.