St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Anyone have trouble with getting stains on your hands that won’t come off after testing your water? The stains are a dark black and seem to last until the skin is sloughed off. I’m not sure if the stain is from the fas-dpd reagent or the phenol reagent for ph.
The staining on my hands really isn’t too much of a bother, but last night when I tested my water I must have gotten some reagent on my white kitchen table. There is now a brown stain on my table that will not come off. Any ideas for removing this?

Thanks in advance.
-Chad

Here are three methods that are supposed to remove silver nitrate.

Hydrogen peroxide, cyanide and Silvosol (thiourea).

Hydrogen peroxide is the only really safe solution.

Cyanide is crazy because it can dissolve through your skin and kill you.

Silvosol is unknown for safety. You will need to research it.

The better question is … why are you getting reagent stains on your fingers in the first place?? You need to be more careful or wear gloves. Some the reagents, especially the chloride indicator reagent (potassium chromate), are NOT good to get on your skin. I’m not saying you’re going to get cancer and die, but you should not be getting chemicals on your skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: jseyfert3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.