Stabilizer issues

Cap37

May 20, 2018
Moberly, Mo
All of my levels in my pool are great except for the stabilizer. Do I have to add some or with the chlorine tablets and shock treatment eventually bring it up. I only ask because I don’t have any right now and I don’t like it because it doesn’t like to dissolve that well.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

What test kit are using that tells you that all your levels are good? Can you post up the results please?

I don't know what a shock treatment is as that is not how we teach to maintain pools.

I am using Clorox 6 way text strips. Shock treatment is a quick dissolving powder you pour into your pool. Same ingredients as the chlorinating tablets. I usually only use it a couple of times per week. All of my levels are great except for the stabilizer.

I am not an expert but I can tell u that those test strips are not as accurate as the kits suggested here and we don’t use pucks or powdered shock here. One of the experts here will fill u in more. Once u understand how it works, u will
See how great is is !

I would never make chemical adjustments based on test strips. They are just too inaccurate.

Order a TF100 test kit.

The only other real option for an accurate test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed

Your stabilizer issue is a direct result of your continued use of solid forms of chlorine. I suggest you read a couple of the articles in pool school, specifically the one titled how to chlorinate your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.