Square Footage of Filters

Well, I have a Waterway Crystal Water Cartridge Filter 525 Sq Ft on it's way so now my mind is turned towards the plumbing. I would like to go with all 2" pvc but I have a couple pinch points I am concerned about. #1, my skimmer to pump is presently 1.5" flexible and I'm not sure if I can put in 2" without reducers. #2, my return is a 1.5" eyeball and the automatic chlorinator that I have (and not used before since I use liquid chlorine but would like to have one down the road for when we're away from home) is also 1.5" so again, reducers. I have a gas heater (with a bypass) as well. Here are some pictures of the present setup and the last one is the new filter with both input and output on the same side. Will these smaller points make a big difference or can I make it all 2"?

Attachments

• Pool filter3.jpg
    Pool filter3.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Pool Filter2.jpg
    Pool Filter2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Pool filter.jpg
    Pool filter.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    85.8 KB · Views: 3
If it were me I would start from scratch with all 2 inch :) But you do have neverlubes on the heater so maybe keep those connections and replace everything else...

you would need 2 of these

1 of these

It will give you a lower pressure, how much lower I have no idea.. Probably not enough to spend the extra money to change everything out unless you really want to... Those same high temp unions come in 1.5 inch also, that is what your skimmer and through wall use, you could get 4 of those and change out your pump input, output, skimmer, and through wall all at once :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.