NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've read a bunch of threads on these things. Either springtails or mites. I have them, I did some skimming, had the pool cover closed and my FC is now up 19.5, CYA 60, CC 0. They one of the two teeny tiny bugs, almost clear looking. Float on surface so the chlorine up high and pool covered since I saw them on Sunday and they are still there.

Question is, can I use a 1/4 cup of Dawn or is the consensus, don't do it? Should I just wait them out as some old threads say. They are even on my little white polywood end tables. We spray annually for clover mites which are read and these don't look like it. I ordered a really fine weave skimmer net and I have been using skimmer socks. The water surface tension needs to be broken I think to drown these things. It/s not omg, how gross I would never get in the water levels at this point, but I can see them when squat down and look at the water. Just trying to understand what's the best way to rid the water of these. If I do Dawn, do you just pour it in front of the return? Almost forgot, I don't have borates in the pool. Looking for advice on the best course of action on this?

I dunno about the dawn - u can be the Guinea pig 🤣
I do think borates help with the surface tension of the water - when i do water tests for example I don’t even get a meniscus? (Bubble) its like my water is flat, no bubbles.
I do still have some bugs that float but they generally make their way to the skimmer & eventually their death.
Do u have some tennis balls or a scum bug u could throw in that they might hitch a ride on so they would be easier to round up? I have found just scooping bugs out only sets them free to return again- instead I scoop then relase them into the skimmer where they get stuck in the sock & die for real.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.