Spots on Pebble Tec pool

+1 - I like Metal Magic because its also helps lift stains. An alternative would be Jacks Blue for copper. Either way, please note that using a start up dose of sequestrant can cause a few cloudy days while you're filter catches up, especially if ch is higher...so don't assume a bit if pist treatment cloudiness equals nascent algae.

Re: the skewing of FC readings, I dug this up to post so that other posters don't mistakenly advise you to SLAM after the treatment if you report low FC. Slamming after a treatment wears off the sequestrant and can reintroduce staining. Tats why it was so important that you did the OCLT first ;)

If you have difficulty getting a free chlorine reading after doing a STAIN SOLUTION #2 Treatment, test the Total Available Chlorine. Assume this reading is the true Free Available Chlorine reading. STAIN SOLUTION #2 often causes an error in the DPD #1 test; this reaction may last up to a month while STAIN SOLUTION #2 is still in the water.

Just reread your statement swampwoman about the chlorine. It's going on week 2 with the Stain Solution #2 Treatment, 15 lbs plus Jacks Blue, i dont remember how much but whatever was recommended. So going along, after few days and I had a few questions and called Jacks Magic CSA, I asked about chlorine, they said keep it at 1-3 as it states pre treatment. Well, I'm putting chlorine every day and decided to check back here thinking im doing something wrong, and read this post. So, now that I know, is there anything else I should be doing besides scrubbing every day, I just cleaned the filter after week 1, do I add anything else? The stains are getting lighter but at this rate, it could go a month, I worry about my pump. Should I add more Jacks Blue? Or just let it go as it is, thanks.

How do I know, besides a visual, if my stain problem is solved? I think I will be heading into week 4 of my stain removal quest, I really can't see any stains visually, is there a test to make sure? I've read the Taylor k-1730 or 1738? What would be my next step to this process, thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.