Spider Gasket question

I have a hayward Filter with a bump handle that I have to replace the Spider gasket in every couple of years because it will leak and the backwash hose will fill with dripping water. I replaced it this year and notice that the "seat" for laymans lack of the accurate part name, where the gasket sets in, one of the sides is broke off. Of course some leaking is occurring but not terrible. The question is, Can that part that the Spider gasket sits in be replaced or do I have to buy a whole new bump handle assembly? Also, as an aside, is it smarter just to replace the whole assembly since the filer is 21 yrs old? thanks

You're not going to have a bump handle and a spider gasket.

Can you show a picture of what you have?

What exact model is the filter?

How old is the filter?

filters-hayward-microclear.gif

You can replace the multiport, or you can replace the entire thing if it is in poor condition.

I would recommend the Pentair "Clean and Clear Plus" 420 square foot cartridge filter with no multiport.

Put a Jandy 3-way valve between the pump and filter to allow you to go to waste if necessary.

Heres a shot of the handle. There are no more labels on the tank, its like 21 yrs old, original parts, I think its a hayward 48 because I put 6 lbs of DE in it. In the exploded diagram you have up there its part #25. I'm attaching a photo. The piece that is broken is inside under that handle where the gasket sits. Like one side is crunched over.

Attachments

• IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.