Spa with one weak jet

CFE4130

Jun 14, 2022
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Our new pool was finished on May 17th and a few weeks later the PB was showing us how to use all of the features. Our spa is 8x8 and has two jets on each side. When we switch to spa mode, one jet is significantly weaker than the rest. This causes water to spill over the coping. The PB said that they air tested it and there are no leaks. He added that sometimes this happens and there is nothing he can do. I did some searching on here and could not find my exact problem. I'm also very new to all of this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Often times, debris gets in the water lines and that can affect how spa jets operate. To clear the lines, you need to remove both the outer jet fittings and inner jet nozzle and then run the pump to clear out the lines. Some jets are combined into one fitting. It just depends on the type you have. But this is a pretty easy fix and the PB should be able to at least try this.

Welcome to the forum!

Often times, debris gets in the water lines and that can affect how spa jets operate. To clear the lines, you need to remove both the outer jet fittings and inner jet nozzle and then run the pump to clear out the lines. Some jets are combined into one fitting. It just depends on the type you have. But this is a pretty easy fix and the PB should be able to at least try this.
Thanks. I'll give this a try today and report back

Welcome to the forum!

I just tried what you and there was no change. I attached a picture of what I removed. Please let me know if there is something else that I was also supposed to remove. I do have a drain snake that I can run down it.

Attachments

• 20220706_174748.jpg
    20220706_174748.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 7
So that is just the outer fitting. You also need to remove the nozzle that is deep within the spa wall. You can use a long socket wrench with a 9/16" socket to remove the nozzle.

1657148332934.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They should have filled it immediately after plaster. Doesn't sound like this PB knew what they were doing.

Basically, it is micro-cracking probably due to the drying out of the plaster. After the plaster is applied, it should be kept wet or this type of cracking can occur. This possibly could lead to delamination down the road. @onBalance can probably tell you a bit more about what you can do at this point. You can also read some of his posts here:

Basically, it is micro-cracking probably due to the drying out of the plaster. After the plaster is applied, it should be kept wet or this type of cracking can occur. This possibly could lead to delamination down the road. @onBalance can probably tell you a bit more about what you can do at this point. You can also read some of his posts here:

Thank you, but that link doesn't work.

It appears that this crazing is slightly more noticeable than typical. But it won't affect the longevity of the plaster.
Hand sanding with some 80-grit wet&dry sandpaper may help to lesson the appearance of the cracks somewhat if that is an issue with you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.