Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-15
hello. I have another thread about contract issues, but I’m hoping for some insight into therapy jet placement inside an in ground gunite pool.

gunite was just shot last week and the therapy jets are 3-4 inches from The bench. To me, this is butt crack level. My PB is not concerned.

Is there a standard or guide or something I can use to show that 3 inches from the bench is unacceptable? It'll be even less when the final aggregate is put on...

thank you.

Last edited:
Depending on how tall you are will depend on jet placement. Our PB told me that he will get a cardboard cutout ask me where i want the jet placements and then mark them on the cutout. Then he’ll give them to the plumber to to place them where we wanted them in the spa

We installed JetArrays in our spa which have 4 inline jets which were installed vertically. After taking some measurements, we wanted the bottom jet to be at least 5.5 inches above the bench height. It was a chore to install, but so far it looks good. We’re still in construction phase however so don’t have any additional info to provide on their performance yet.
DC627D41-5DD4-4A9C-BFBD-8C8A22F97BD1.jpeg
DC948E5D-FF75-4683-81E5-E8A236A214D3.jpeg

Thanks! Our pool builder had never done these before so it was quite the learning experience. He'll decide if we even tells other customer's about these depending on the performance compared to "standard" jets. The plumbing really should be installed during the steel rebar phase. They essentially had to remove and reinstall most of the steel.

That combined with needing it's own pump to get enough flow (150GPM), adding regular returns for heat/filtration/chlorination, additional suction lines, etc... It's turned out to be quite an expense. It better be worth it!

hello. I have another thread about contract issues, but I’m hoping for some insight into therapy jet placement inside an in ground gunite pool.

gunite was just shot last week and the therapy jets are 3-4 inches from The bench. To me, this is butt crack level. My PB is not concerned.

Is there a standard or guide or something I can use to show that 3 inches from the bench is unacceptable? It'll be even less when the final aggregate is put on...

thank you.
We requested and got jets at varying heights. After the PB site supervisor originally said it couldn't be done. He was a lying idiot on that and many other issues.

We installed JetArrays in our spa which have 4 inline jets which were installed vertically. After taking some measurements, we wanted the bottom jet to be at least 5.5 inches above the bench height. It was a chore to install, but so far it looks good. We’re still in construction phase however so don’t have any additional info to provide on their performance yet.
View attachment 167302
View attachment 167303
Hey there. @Robtown any chance you're still lurking around? if so, how do you like those JetArray Jets? What were the conversations lik between you and the PB?