Spa light placement

cindyg

Jun 22, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I would love feedback on this spa light placement. The light was supposed to be placed directly behind the pool light on the wall that spills over into the pool but was put on the side bench. Does that matter? Should I have it changed?
I don't think it matters but you all know better. It is a 6 x 9 spa with benches on 3 sides.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    845.9 KB · Views: 22
I think what you are saying that the 2 lights were going to be back to back - the pool light facing into the pool and spa light facing into the spa. Did you talk to PB? Was it an error on his part or some technical issue that they could not mount the spa light properly behind the pool light?. It should work on the side OK, give effective lighting. Another option is to put it on far wall that faces the pool (on wall nearest the white fence). Then both the pool light and spa light would be in the same line facing you (from vantage point that you took your picture).

Reactions: cindyg
I'm not an expert, but I think that it may actually be better where it currently is. If you think about how the light spreads out to the sides, it gets weaker the further away from pointing straight out. So if it is on the shorter side, it has less straight to the sides that it needs to illuminate. But from a practical perspective for the spa, it is a small enough space that I don't know if it will matter too much either way.

Reactions: cindyg
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.