Spa jet??? What is this?

Dec 27, 2010
El Dorado Hills, CA
Hi

I'm trying to figure out my spa plumbing as I try to find a leak. In the corner, between the spa fill during normal filtering (above and not pictured) and the heater return (below) is a jet. I thought it was a normal jet as that's what it looks like but no water comes out of it when I turn the jets on.

Any idea what this could be?

Ed

ehaico.jpg

Yes, I have an auto fill on the pool. I also just noticed one that looks like a jet in my pool below the spa. They can't be connected or the spa would drain into the pool. I always thought the one in my pool was the suction for my waterfall. I guess I should have paid attention when it was built.

I figured it out but not sure I understand.

The "jet" one in the spa is another inlet like the bare one above it. So when I turn the filter on, water comes out of both of them and then dumps from spa into the pool. Why the need for 2??

The one in my pool is connected to my waterfall. I assume it's there to make sure if I turn the valve near the waterfall to restrict the flow the makes sure I don't burn out the pump. Does this make sense?

Thanks!!
Ed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.