Spa Air Intake

bp529

May 9, 2018
Simi Valley, CA
Hello all,

First time poster and pool owner. I’ve been around pools for many years and worked on some systems so I have a basic understanding of plumbing and how the systems work. I regularly integrate Jandy and Pentair into home automation systems. Now I get to do it for my own home.

Spa bubbles are nice, but a lot of the time I would like to just have the heater run and have it nice and quiet. My question is, can you put a valve and actuator to choke off the air intake and just let the VSP ramp up to high speed when heating the spa and then open the air intake when you want bubbles?

I have attached a diagram of my system using the Omnigraffle blocks someone so kindly shared. I forgot to add the air intake to the diagram, but everything else should be complete. I believe the side grate in the spa is a return? Could someone clarify that for me?

Thank you!

Brian

Attachments

• F162BC05-C923-428C-8F07-7E6D97B2AB0B.jpg
    F162BC05-C923-428C-8F07-7E6D97B2AB0B.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 43E8FC93-61DB-4838-83A5-EED89383EC43.jpg
    43E8FC93-61DB-4838-83A5-EED89383EC43.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 62
Maybe i'm missing something but air bubbles in the spa are normally generated from an air blower which is a seperate device on a seperate circuit.

The air blower line is separate 2" PVC line into your spa that is then integrated into your spa loop/ jet plumbing.

So in my pool I can run and heat the spa and then whenever I can turn on of off the blower with a touch pad, or indoor control panel. I did have a spa side remote
but it failed after a couple of years and I did not replace it.

B

Is it possible the noise is coming from your Pump and/or Heater? I run my Spa Heat (and for that matter Pool Heat) at a higher speed than my normal non-heated Spa Mode or Pool Mode. So I can hear the pump (and heater) when spa or pool is heating. When my spa reaches temp, it drops down to a lower Spa Mode pump speed and gets pretty quiet.

I'm sure your VSP can be programmed with a lower pump speed for Spa Heat mode if this is the case.

Sorry, just reread your original post and realized I misunderstood the noise concern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.