somebody help me!!!!

great! thank you :)

- - - Updated - - -

the pool math does not have my percent of hydrochloric acid?
they have 28% and 15%, mine says 20%? any advice

- - - Updated - - -

and the one i have does not have a ?baume? number?
i have jasco green muriatic acid

Maybe someone could check my math here, but here goes...
Use the number of ounces for 29% and then multiply by .29
Then divide that number by your % concentration, or .2 (for 20%)
This will give the amount needed.

Example,, for my pool I need 14oz of 29% muriatic acid to go from 7.5ph to 7.4ph
so the math is: 14 * .29 = 4.06 then 4.06 / .2 = 20.3oz

I think you mentioned yours doesn't have the Baume word. But 20° Baume is 31.45%

If you have a "green" product though, that's usually a lower percentage.

Thank you all for the replies and help.
i have retested today, had to add chlorine.
my pH went down to 7.0 after adding the muriatic acid weds evening.
i assume i need to add borax now?
whats the best way to add it,when,and how long before getting in water after adding??

Arg. Wonder what went wrong...??? Is your pool volume accurate?

You can add borax by broadcasting it slowly, or mix it in a pail of water and add to your skimmer. Slowly.

You can test it an hour after adding, and as long as your new pH is 7.2-7.8, enjoy your swim!!!!

i have a skimmer that attaches to the wall of the pool. so i just mix it w/water then slowly pour into that "skimmer basket"? btw, that skimmer doesnt seem to suction much. idk if im expecting miracle vacuum suctioning or if my skimmer sucks? lol

One lesson I learned early on as a newbie is to be patient with adding chemicals. The pool store would tell me to add a bottle of this and a bucket of that all at once. Things would ping pong all over and the solution was always to add a new chemical to offset the last change I made. This was particularly a problem with Ph adjustments. This my first year starting the season with TFP, so I stopped doing that. The water is better and it's much easier to manage.

In reality there's a margin for error depending on how you test, how you calculate the volume of the pool, how you measure the chemicals and any stupid math problems you make (even typos entering things into the Pool Calculator).

Right now I have a good feel for how much liquid chlorine I need to add to get to my target. For anything else I add about half of what I think I need, let the water circulate for a few hours and check again. For things like PH adjustments this works fine. And btw I've only adjusted it once at opening this year.

For things like cya that take a while to dissolve and register it won't hurt to go slow since it's worse to overshoot your target. Just make sure you have enough reagents to test a few times.

Also if your ph is low you can increase it by aerating the pool. This is just a fancy term for creating some disturbance in the water with a fountain or even just splashing swimmers.

You could go get a few pieces of pvc from the box store and make one of your return jets point up so the water splashes back down into the water. If you just need small adjustments sometimes you don't need a chemical solution just time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.