Solved: High pressure all of a sudden in DE Filter and not pumping

Solved: diverter causing blockage
I have a DE Filter- Pentair 48 that normally runs around 22lb and is over 30+ now and not filtering. I just installed a new Pentair48 housing and new filter that came with it- 6 weeks ago (using Fibers) because my old 20+yr old one developed a split in the fiberglass top. Yesterday I notice my cleaner not moving and discovered the water is not flowing through the filter. I immediately backwashed and ran clean cycles which ran fine-no priming or pumping issues. I tried the multiport valve on recirculate and water is not pulling from pool. Recap: Backwash and Clean on multiport settings worked fine. Filter and Recirculate not pulling water? Where to start search for blockage or issue? Thanks in advance.

Let's back up a second. You replaced your filter tank and "fibers", (did you mean filters?) If so, you then backwashed and ran "clean cycles", I assume you mean the "rinse" setting. Then you had trouble getting the pump to move water in filter mode and recirculate mode.
You were able to backwash and rinse (both go to the waste line), but not filter or recirculate (both return to pool) . It seems that a valve(s) on the return side of the system is closed.
Did anyone have the multiport valve apart? Make sure your mpv is correctly assembled and all return valves are set correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.