Solaxx Soltran Reliant CLG240A

Jun 16, 2014
Phoenix AZ
I have been looking at possibly getting a SWG for my pool. During my research I came across this one:
Solaxx Soltran Reliant CLG240A
It is rated for up to 40G, 1.65lb Cl/24hrs and currently costs only $550. Replacement cell is $329. It seems like this system is a much better value than comparable ones from other companies.

One of the most popular systems I am also considering is the:
Hayward AquaRite AQ15
It is rated for up to 40G, 1.4lb Cl/24hrs and currently costs $830. Replacement cell is $440 for OEM and $320 for aftermarket.

Any reason to choose Hayward AQ15 over Solaxx CLG240A and pay an extra $280??? (IOW what does that $280 get me in return?)

I haven't seen anyone use the larger Saltron SWGs here on TFP but quite a few folks use the Saltron mini for their hot tubs and they seem to like them. Yes, the Hayward SWG is definitely the most popular SWG around here.

Do NOT buy the generic cell for the Hayward SWG, it is a big scam. Lots of terrible user experiences reported here for that generic cell.

Is there any reason to get a Samsung TV over a Sceptre? If the Sceptre was 2" bigger? and cost $300 less would you get the Sceptre or Samsung? Of course being a Hayward owner maybe I'm impartial, I'd go with circupool if you want to save a little but I'm sure others will respond...

Is there any reason to get a Samsung TV over a Sceptre? If the Sceptre was 2" bigger? and cost $300 less would you get the Sceptre or Samsung? Of course being a Hayward owner maybe I'm impartial, I'd go with circupool if you want to save a little but I'm sure others will respond...

If the Sceptre had the same or better video quality and same or better reliability, why wouldn't I buy the Sceptre???
(Of course, in reality, the Sceptre's video quality and reliability is probably worse than the Samsung and therefore there is a reason to buy the Samsung.)

Now as far as Saltron vs Hayward for their 40k SWG, that is indeed the question. I guess I might have to dig a bit deeper to see what features that I am missing by going with the Saltron.

The real issue though is that the Saltron is just not that popular and there are few reviews and users. So I guess if I go with it to save money, I would be taking a chance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.