Blairsville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My solar pool cover is beginning to disintergrate. We usually get about 2 seasons out of them (12 mil) so I went online to Amazon to buy a replacement. I paid $85 in March 2018 (not used until May that year) and was astounded to find the exact product - a 16 x 32 blue 12mil cover is now a whopping $169.00! I've been searching the internet and either they are out of stock or in that price range. Clearly a supply and demand issue, but just curious as to what has caused the tremendous price increase. Wondering if because of Covid-19 - are folks using their pools more and buying more covers? Any thoughts?

Good Day Geo....I'm in the same boat..I was looking for a 28' round solar cover and found the same results as you have. I think you hit the nail on the head with the price increase and out of stock issues....more people putting up pools created out of stock issues and Covid hampered production issues for new solar covers!...I wish you luck in your search!

You too! If I happen to see any for your size needs, I'll let you know! Stay Safe! FYI - see you're from Leicester - I'm Providence born and raised (moved to the Keys in 1983 and now live in the North Ga Mountains) but I still "pahk my cah" and endlessly am ribbed about my accent - it's as strong as when I lived there! Had alot of family all over MA - I've not been back to RI since 2015 when I lost my Dad. I miss my lobsta but luckily have a fish market in the area that will order fresh so indulge once a year! And "real" Italian bread - ohhhhhh :cry: Jane

Reactions: WilliamD
Almost everything related to warm activities increases when its warm. Swingsets, pools, marine suppies, lumber/decking. Nobody cares about it when its cool/cold so the companies lower their prices to try to convince you to purchase off season. Of course this year adds a whole new layer to the seasonal gouging.

If you can get through the hot part of the summer without it, the 'end of season sales' are usually the best. Half because the company doesn't want to store the products for another 6 months and half because most people dont want to invest in next year.

Almost everything related to warm activities increases when its warm. Swingsets, pools, marine suppies, lumber/decking. Nobody cares about it when its cool/cold so the companies lower their prices to try to convince you to purchase off season. Of course this year adds a whole new layer to the seasonal gouging.

If you can get through the hot part of the summer without it, the 'end of season sales' are usually the best. Half because the company doesn't want to store the products for another 6 months and half because most people dont want to invest in next year.

I agree - luckily it's just starting to flake a little so hopefully it will last till our nights get warm enough to hold temp a little better. We also have a propane heater so since we're stuck at home, we're very fortunate to be in a good situation with the pool. If only the weather would cooperate a little more! TPF is unbelievable! This year I opened early (as suggested) and the pool was sparkling clear and I didn't add a drop of chlorine till last week (our sensor for the SWG had loosened so my chlorine had depleted). I'd also stockpiled chlorine from Walmart in early March since I realized it wouldn't take some too long to figure out pool chlorine was as good as Clorox for in home use. I've also found that we have problems (in normal times) end of summer purchasing enough to close so glad that I did. The degradation of the chlorine seems to be minimal if stored in cool dark place. You stay safe!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.