Solar Cover Woes - any other ideas?

Last summer after the first reel we bought broke, I got frustrated and decided to cut my 24' round solar blanket into 3 strips so that I could manage it. I carefully laid the blanket out on my lawn, and got out my kitchen shears to make the cuts. By the end of the first cut my poor hand was aching so I took a 15 minute break before attempting the second cut. It was such a nice, sunny day that in just that little bit of time that blanket really heated up on the ground! When I started the second cut the blanket and the ground beneath it felt really hot! With a sinking feeling, I realized that that I had made a really, really big mistake in leaving that blanket there like that. Sure enough, I had managed to scorch all of the grass underneath it! It took most of the rest of the summer for that grass to return to normal. :hammer: Live and learn, huh? :roll:

I also have an ABG pool completly fenced in so a reel isn't practical. I just fan fold it as I take it off. It's easiest with two people, but I can take it off myself with not a lot of trouble. I just run from side to side as I take it off. I do take it off widthwise, not lengthwise, which would be a PIA. If I am having people over I will then fold it up some more when I get it off, and scrunch it at the end of the deck, otherwise I pretty much just leave it where it is. Putting it back on is a breeze, it just unfolds as I pull on it. It may take a bit of arranging once it is unfolded. The whole procedure for putting it on or off takes under 10 minutes to do solo and about 3 with two people.

Johanna

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.