Solar cover reel (mounted on posts?) for intex ultra 18 foot pool?

I'm looking for ideas on how to make it easier for taking on and off the solar cover for the 18 foot above ground pool (next year)..

My thinking was a reel that was wide enough for the round pool and two 4x4 posts in the ground on each side with it screwed into the posts at a certain height (just above pool height maybe, at the end outside of the pool but maybe not directly over it).

I took a look on amazon for reel ideas.. they all seem a tad pricey.. usually $150+..

Any suggestions or model ideas on what to look for?

Thanks in advance

Did just what you are talking about with my solar cover. It works great I mounted it just far enough away that when the cover was all rolled up it wouldn't hit the pool. I bought my reel online I think I paid about 120 for it forgot where tho. If you are feeling like a DIY project you can put together a reel for probably half that cost.

These aren't the best pictures of the cover reel but you can get the idea of how mine is setup.

Attachments

• 20160724_152200_resized.jpg
    20160724_152200_resized.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20170430_191159.jpg
    IMG_20170430_191159.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 131
I did exactly what you are thinking about, been up for 4 years now and works great. Bought a used reel from Kijjijji for $40, 2 4x4's into the ground, one on each side of pool at far end. Works slick...............

I'm looking for ideas on how to make it easier for taking on and off the solar cover for the 18 foot above ground pool (next year)..

My thinking was a reel that was wide enough for the round pool and two 4x4 posts in the ground on each side with it screwed into the posts at a certain height (just above pool height maybe, at the end outside of the pool but maybe not directly over it).

I took a look on amazon for reel ideas.. they all seem a tad pricey.. usually $150+..

Any suggestions or model ideas on what to look for?

Thanks in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.