Solar Cover Clamps?

Gopherboy6956

Jun 3, 2020
Fargo, ND
I got a new (and better) solar cover this year, and i'm having trouble keeping it on the pool with our North Dakota wind. Previously I had an Intex 18' and cheap cover, and it would take a real storm to even move that a little.

Now I have an steel side AGP and it seems like slightly above average winds will bunch it up and almost blow it off. I'm thinking it's because the Intel pool had no overhang in the pool, where the steel sided AGP has a solid 4" overhang - the wind behaves differently.

Anyways - what does everyone else use to keep their solar cover in place?

Thank you!

I cut mine about 1-2 inches smaller around all edges - this way it floats totally on the water. This helps with surface adhesion. While I have an inground pool, the cover has been on in winds in excess of 45 mph and has never bunched up or blown off the water surface.

I cut mine about 1-2 inches smaller around all edges - this way it floats totally on the water. This helps with surface adhesion. While I have an inground pool, the cover has been on in winds in excess of 45 mph and has never bunched up or blown off the water surface.
I thought about that - mine would only need about a 1" trim to do that same thing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.