So this just happened...

Sorry. I must understood. Thought you were filling in. Good for you that you are replacing!!!!

So a weeping tile around the pool then over to a small sump pit is the best. you can use a small diameter culvert pipe stood vertically for the sup pit. That way, for any reason if you have to completely empty the pool you can get rid of the ground water first. A fiberglass pool is basically a fiberglass boat without a motor. :)

Rwilki2, this is just something to ask vendors about, depending on what a hydrogeology ENG says about your lot.

My vinyl pool was built in a former storm water catch basin at the bottom of a hill right at the back of the house. (I didn't do this...the former owners who were bent on building a pool went through all this ;)

How they made it work after a 3-level terrace step down was a perimeter drain and a sump built under the deep end. The sump was plumbed to my pool hydraulics. By closing the skimmer and main drain lines, and opening the sump line, I can either pump collected water to waste, or actually send it to the pool for a top up.

The pool is now 18 years old and when we had the liner changed the year before last the installer commented that the walls were just like new and totally true to original build. So the system has worked as intended ;)

The advantage of having the sump plumbed to the system is that unlike a well point scenario, the pump never burns out and is always immediately accessible. The downside is that the perimter drain occasionally requires a bit of 2-3" stone refreshing. But there are drain covers you can design into the project instead.

Depending on your land features and what caused the collapse, it might not hurt to ask about this option. The only other minor disadvantage a this system is that the sump water removal is not automatic (though the drains usually manage.) what this means is that if we get 6" of rain during flood conditions on the river, I deliberately reverse the flow to pump it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.