So glad I converted from Baquacil to Chlorine!

katwhen31

Bronze Supporter
May 24, 2023
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last year I finally took the plunge and converted my pool to TFP method. It was quite a process and took some time but I was happy with the results. I always cover the pool in the winter and this time I didn’t do much to maintain the water; just ran the pump periodically and added some chlorine 🤷‍♀️
We were delayed opening it due to illness and weather conditions and when we finally took the cover off a week ago, the water was bright, emerald green! 😱🟢
I wasn’t too worried since I trust TFP. Initially I cleaned the filter and just dumped in about a gallon of liquid chlorine (left over from last season). Within just a few hours the green was gone! The water was cloudy so I planned to slam it. The next morning I tested the water and it was pretty good:
FC 6.5
PH 7.6
TA 80
CYA 42
I used the pool math app to calculate how much liquid chlorine to use to slam it and within about three days the water cleared up nicely. I still need to complete the process by brushing it down but I have to get in to do that-no deck+above ground pool. It’s just a lot easier to get in to brush it.
All that to say THANK YOU TFP!
This has made it so much easier to maintain my pool! 🏊🏻‍♀️💦