Gold Supporter
May 16, 2022
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Noticed a leak around the air relief of my Pentair Nautilus FNS DE filter. Turned off the pump and heard air hissing. Tightening the bleeder worked to a degree to minimize the hissing, but after turning the pump ond an walking away for a while, I found the water leak continued later in the day. Unscrewed the bleeder all the way and found that the O-ring was shot. So I went online and ID'd the O-ring: 5/16" ID x 3/32" thick.

One O-ring from an online pool parts supplier: $10.99 : (
12 O-rings from Amazon/Home Depot: $5. : |
One O-ring from my local Ace: $0.59 : )
Fixing my own equipment and circumventing the pool-industrial complex: priceless! =D

Last edited:
Reactions: Oly and Newdude
Fixing my own equipment and circumventing the pool-industrial complex: priceless! =D
full

In the diving world we used to joke about something similar. A trial size of baby shampoo was somewhere around $0.50 per bottle, but if you change out the label to say "Scuba dive mask de-fog" it was $6.

I replaced by o-ring but have developed a small drip. I need to go back out and put on some more Magic Lube -- ALADDIN Magic Lube Teflon Lubribant Sealant 1 oz Tube: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I'm really hoping it's that and not the entire valve assembly. Triton TR100C TR140C Sand Filter Manual Air Relief 273564

Reactions: RickRude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.