Virginia Beach, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Howdy fellow TFP'ers. I will admit I don't mess with the plumbing of my equipment much, but not afraid to attempt the repairs. I have a small leak from the input side of my sand filter. In the close up shots attached, you'll see the connection is made with what appears to me as some type of silicone sealant. It's soft like a silicone caulk. Well, it's got a tiny leak to it which you might be able to see at the bottom of the fitting in the close up. This seems like an easy repair and was just looking for confirmation before taking it apart. In the wider shot, you'll see that pipe is attached to a union. I assume i can just disconnect that union, remove the fitting and sealant where the leak is and put a new fitting and sealant in and then make a new 90 that connects to that union? What type of sealant is that on the fitting? Is there a better choice, etc?

IMG_1137.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    411.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 8
Howdy fellow TFP'ers. I will admit I don't mess with the plumbing of my equipment much, but not afraid to attempt the repairs. I have a small leak from the input side of my sand filter. In the close up shots attached, you'll see the connection is made with what appears to me as some type of silicone sealant. It's soft like a silicone caulk. Well, it's got a tiny leak to it which you might be able to see at the bottom of the fitting in the close up. This seems like an easy repair and was just looking for confirmation before taking it apart. In the wider shot, you'll see that pipe is attached to a union. I assume i can just disconnect that union, remove the fitting and sealant where the leak is and put a new fitting and sealant in and then make a new 90 that connects to that union? What type of sealant is that on the fitting? Is there a better choice, etc?

View attachment 485702That is a silicone patch. Teflon tape and Teflon paste are my choice for sealing pvc threads although many guys favor other means

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.