Small cuts burn

ahidnes

May 20, 2019
Chandler, AZ
Total newbie here. NB pool, filled Thursday, startup Saturday by PB. I've been doing my best with testing/balancing but wondering if I'm missing something. When in the water small cuts on my legs and hands burn/sting. Daughter said the same thing on her own without me saying anything. Would this be related to pH? Chlorine?
Today:
FC 4.0
pH 7.6

Sunday:
TA 140
CH 450
CYA 48

You should have the electrician check for stray current/stray voltage.

Does it feel like a shock?

Does it happen more when you're on the deck and reaching into the water?

Does it happen more at the water surface than below the surface?

Is the travertine loose set on sand or mortared down to an underlying concrete base?

Was there a metal mesh put down around the perimeter of the pool?

Get a clean bucket of pool water and walk away from the pool. Then, put your hand in the water to see if you feel the same thing.

If it's a chemical issue, you should still feel it. If you don't still feel it, it's probably electrical.

What has been added to the water?

Still feel it in the bucket. It's not bad at all (either in pool or bucket), just annoying.

Added muriatic acid & chlorine Sunday night (separately). Small amount more MA to correct pH this am, after burning issue. Maybe we're just uber sensitive to it?

Your numbers look good. If there was an issue with your fill water, I suspect that you would have already noticed it during showers.

So, unless someone added something strange to the water, I don’t know what could be causing the burning/stinging.

The issue still seems like it might be electrical to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.