Slight staining at the water line - how do I clean this off?

Jan 13, 2019
Longmont, CO
This past weekend I emptied and refilled my hot tub for the second time. Both times I emptied it I used ah-some to clean it out before dumping it. After dumping the water I hosed the shell off, then wiped it down w/a mild bleach solution. Then I refilled and rebalanced. Just noticed slight brown discoloration on the shell above the water line. I'm surprised given my cleaning routine. I'm also wondering how I can clean this off now the the tub is full again ... I obviously don't want to use anything caustic that would contaminate the water. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
You can try a "Magic Eraser"-type of foam pad, but be careful as they are more abrasive than you think they are and can make glossy surfaces look dull. A light application of Bon Ami on a sponge might work too (I'd try the Bon Ami first). Be sure to use the regular Bon Ami and not any of the others that have additional cleansers or fragrances.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.