SLAM with no pump?

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Is it possible to SLAM a pool with a non working pump? The algae is not too bad but I thought it best to dump chlorine in anyway. 12k Gal IGP with FC0. Everything else in range. 5 pool store containers of bleach, a good brushing and a sub pump in the deep end with the hose out around the rail and into the shallow end. We have circulation (a bit!). That PM FC0 and five more containers of Leslie's finest. Following AM same again but no green just cloudy. Still 5 days left till new pump arrives. Keep going or to heck with it and wait?green.JPG

What is your CYA level?
If you are to the cloudy stage, then there may not be much for the chlorine to kill and just need filtration. So, keeping the high FC might just be resulting in massive losses to the sun.

I might suggest trying the OCLT and if you are only losing a few ppm, to back off the FC target level until you get the filter in the mix.

CYA is at 50. Might see if I can try an OCLT tonight. I was thinking of dropping my pool robot in for three or four hours. Not sure if it's a good idea to throw it in right after 5 jugs of chlorine though...

I've come across out of action pumps twice in the last month. I'm thinking a mini portable vacuum system from Advantage manufacturing could be a good call...

Whoa, careful, did you put in 5 X Leslies 2.5 gallon jugs of 10.5 chlorine? In a 10K pool you FC will be off the chart after that. Are you testing for FC? Please post those test results. You want to take your FC to SLAM level many times a day, rather than nuke your pool a single time.

I was being a proper kim jong-um. I wasn't aware I could put too much in so i gave it all I had. Many times. I didn't test after putting in chlorine because I wouldn't have the circulation enough r0871 for an accurate test. I tested before adding each time and it was at 0 so I pumped it in. I didn't visit the pool today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.