SLAM with cal hypo?

I can’t keep up. I’m not sure what in the world happened, but when this started I was losing chlorine very quickly. Then it tapered off. I have been checking, adding, and even mixing in the chlorine every two hours since Thursday! I have to add bleach almost every time and as of today at 6:45 pm, I’ve had to add a total of ten gallons of bleach.

I test, add what pool math calculator tells me to add, test again in 2 hours, and my numbers aren’t going up. In fact they went down by 2 ppm after adding 130 oz of bleach 2 hours ago. What gives?

Since have now officially put in FOUR 2.5 gallon jugs of bleach since Thursday, and I’m tired and frustrated does anyone have any pointers. This isn’t working. I’ve also had my pump on for 4 days, 24 hours a day. My bill ??In fact things seem to be back to square one. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Do I need a stainless brush? I’m using Leslie’s version of the whale wall brush as well as another Stanley brush which is not as soft as the whale wall brush but not as ridgid as a stainless one.

Attachments

• 82BD976D-4B4C-4632-882D-A85AA48FC1FE.jpeg
    82BD976D-4B4C-4632-882D-A85AA48FC1FE.jpeg
    666.6 KB · Views: 25
Is your bleach is fresh? What's the date code on the bottle/where did you get it? If bleach is to old or improperly stored it basically degrades into water. If that's the case and your bleach is not as strong as you think then pouring in the correct amount per pool math would not raise your FC the expected amount so it would seem like your pool is consuming more than it actually is. Try testing 30 min after you dose to see if you reached target.

As PP mentioned, an OCLT is also a good idea and can help determine if your pool is still consuming more than it should be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.