Madisonville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I’m beyond frustrated that I’ve been in SLAM for over 2 weeks with continuous monitoring and now I have to leave for vacation for a week. I do not have someone to daily maintain the pool as I would so here is the compromise I’m willing to make and looking for advice.

My CYA is currently 45, which I have room to go up because I have kept it at manually chlorinating levels during this SLAM knowing I would need to raise when I hook up my SWG, which I haven’t done yet.

So since at best I may be able to convince someone to come 3 days out of the week to add chlorine, I’m thinking I buy some pucks to keep in the pool while I’m gone so I don’t have to completely restart this process…thoughts???

Yes 👍🏻
Here’s what each dissolved puck will do
IMG_6317.png
When I go away for a week I raise to slam level & add 3 or so pucks to the floater - they aren’t fully dissolved when I return.
Be sure to rig the floater so that it doesn’t get stuck anywhere & possibly bleach your liner- mine likes to go in the skimmer so I tether it to the hand rail of my steps just out of reach of the pool wall. In the past I have also used fishing line to make it stay in the center of the pool.
Do you have a cover? That would help too.

Yes 👍🏻
Here’s what each dissolved puck will do
View attachment 494339
When I go away for a week I raise to slam level & add 3 or so pucks to the floater - they aren’t fully dissolved when I return.
Be sure to rig the floater so that it doesn’t get stuck anywhere & possibly bleach your liner- mine likes to go in the skimmer so I tether it to the hand rail of my steps just out of reach of the pool wall. In the past I have also used fishing line to make it stay in the center of the pool.
Do you have a cover? That would help too.
Do you use the 3” or 1”?

Do you use the 3” or 1”?
3” for that calculation, 1” tabs are approximately 3oz I think, been a long time since I used any. 1” tablets also dissolve a little faster. I used
PoolMath effects of adding in the hamburger menu.

Reactions: Lucylocket74
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.