May 3, 2021
Mobile, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Folks,

Just came across this sight and decided do give it a go. I just started the SLAM process and decided to pool the pool steps out. Tons of nasty came pouring out of them and even more came out when I hit it with a hose. Should I leave them out for a bit? Also, I have a zodiac ranger pool vacuum and was curious if I should plug that bad boy into the filter for any amount of time at all?

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

At some point during the SLAM, everything that will ever be in the pool should also be getting slammed (brush, scoop, pool toys, stairs, the lot)

I would clean the stairs really well before putting them back in. If possible, turn them upside down and rinse them with some pails of (SLAMing) pool water. If there's a way to encourage water flow through them while slamming, that would be good as well (maybe a hose stuck in a return jet and into the cavity behind the stairs?) Yes, running the pool cleaner while slamming will help with circulation and also ensure any algae in the hose is getting SLAM water.

There are also several threads around here about various methods of improving circulation in different types of steps/ladders as well as ways to weigh them down without encouraging algae growth. What type do u have?
I have wedding cake ones & have drilled alot of extra holes in them for ease of cleaning & to help circulation.

Thanks for the info!!! I’ll definitely utilize the search bar hahahaa. I’m not sure of the type of stairs but I’ll chem them out when I get back. I’m happy to report that the pool is starting to turn less green.

There are also several threads around here about various methods of improving circulation in different types of steps/ladders as well as ways to weigh them down without encouraging algae growth. What type do u have?
I have wedding cake ones & have drilled alot of extra holes in them for ease of cleaning & to help circulation.
Im not sure of the name but I found a picture of them on the web.
I’m not sure about the name of the stairs but here is a picture of them. Also I’d like to note that this pool was fairly green only a few days ago. Thanks for the knowledge. 765D20B1-BDC1-4939-B882-229B6EB91C65.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.