Slam questions

Mcb

Jan 3, 2018
Chino hills, CA
I went camping for a week. Prior to leaving I calculated what chlorine I would normally add for the week and dumped it in all before the day I left.

When I returned the chlorine was 0.
The water was clear, but no chlorine.

Per pool school you should slam if it gets to that level.

Ive maintained shock level for 2 nights. My overnight test loss was at 1, so I'm good there. My CC was 1.
My question is am I concerned about the overnight test going forward? Can I only monitor now CC, or does overnight test loss and CC <1 need to occur on same testing session?

When you SLAM, you keep the FC up to the proper level until the water is entirely clear, no sign of algae and your CCs are no more than 0.5. If you can say yes to those, you then perform an overnight chlorine loss test which tells you if anything (hidden) is still eating up your chlorine? If not.... you are DONE!!!

Don't bother doing the OCLT until those first two elements (clear water, CCs less than 0.5) are done.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.