SLAM question - stained liner

May 29, 2018
Tiverton, RI
Currently in the process of a pool-opening SLAM. Water is clear, but liner is stained dark green / brown on the walls and floor throughout the pool except for below the return where bleach is added - I am presuming this indicates it’s likely organic staining? It’s similar to the “ring” left by the winter water. It doesn’t brush off and my understanding is that it should fade with time if the FC levels are maintained properly for my CYA level (currently 40). Is this correct?

here are my SLAM-relevant numbers from last night pm and this morning am:

FC: 14 13
CC: 0 0 or 0.5 (turned back to slight pink after it sat for a minute - not while mixing)

ALK: 100
pH: 7.5
CYA: 40 (between 30-40)

Should I allow FC to trickle down to maint levels at this point, or is there any benefit to the stain removal process in keeping the FC level elevated?

Currently in the process of a pool-opening SLAM. Water is clear, but liner is stained dark green / brown on the walls and floor throughout the pool except for below the return where bleach is added - I am presuming this indicates it’s likely organic staining? It’s similar to the “ring” left by the winter water. It doesn’t brush off and my understanding is that it should fade with time if the FC levels are maintained properly for my CYA level (currently 40). Is this correct?

here are my SLAM-relevant numbers from last night pm and this morning am:

FC: 14 13
CC: 0 0 or 0.5 (turned back to slight pink after it sat for a minute - not while mixing)

ALK: 100
pH: 7.5
CYA: 40 (between 30-40)

Should I allow FC to trickle down to maint levels at this point, or is there any benefit to the stain removal process in keeping the FC level elevated?
Me? I'd keep FC up around 15 for one more day, since you passed the OCLT by the skin of your teeth. And after that, just run FC at 5 minimum, just a little higher than needed for the CYA, and be patient.

No scientific proof, but instinctively I think that clear water lets more sunlight hit the stains, which will also help fade them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.