SLAM Over?

Mrichey912

Jun 18, 2020
Texas
Currently going through a SLAM, curious if I can call a 2 ppm OCLT a win since I'm using such high levels of FC due to a high CYA level. Held FC over 30 for about a day, been brushing twice a day, pool light was removed from niche. I haven't had CC pop up in a test in days, water stays clear after adding reagent. My water is crystal clear, no CC, but I lost 2-2.5 ppm FC last night. I'm in the country and have a lot of bugs that require daily skimmer cleaning, any idea if they can account for that much FC loss overnight? I can't keep the kids out of the pool much longer.......

FC: 24 this morning, 26 last night
CC: 0-0.5
CYA: 80ish
pH: 7.4 (before SLAM, haven't been checking)
TA: 120 (before SLAM, haven't been checking)

Well, first thing I would say is everyone can swim as long as your FC does not exceed 31 which is your SLAM level for a current CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. So for now, I'd say jump in! :swim: Maybe give everyone a brush and put them to work too. :) Having said that, your FC should've been 31 this whole time, so if you've been letting it fall as indicated above you haven't been taking full advantage of the SLAM Process. I don't see a filter in your signature. What kind do you have? Has it been cleaned recently?

I would increase the FC to about 30 for today, let everyone go nuts in the water, then maintain that FC of 31 until bedtime and do another Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Make sure to get that morning reading before the sun hits the water.

I held FC over 30 for 24 hours and have been monitoring it to see exactly what daily usage is. I've been losing about 4 ppm per day with 10 hours of direct sunlight. I'm going to boost it up again when I get home and test again in the morning. Just can't wrap my head around having 0 CC in the mornings if I have an organic problem. Still new to this pool and the OCLT test, I'll get it figured out.

Currently going through a SLAM, curious if I can call a 2 ppm OCLT a win since I'm using such high levels of FC due to a high CYA level. Held FC over 30 for about a day, been brushing twice a day, pool light was removed from niche. I haven't had CC pop up in a test in days, water stays clear after adding reagent. My water is crystal clear, no CC, but I lost 2-2.5 ppm FC last night. I'm in the country and have a lot of bugs that require daily skimmer cleaning, any idea if they can account for that much FC loss overnight? I can't keep the kids out of the pool much longer.......

FC: 24 this morning, 26 last night
CC: 0-0.5
CYA: 80ish
pH: 7.4 (before SLAM, haven't been checking)
TA: 120 (before SLAM, haven't been checking)
I Just completed my first slam.

Keep in mind that above 10 ppm, the error of the Taylor test is actually 10%. So I had a situation where I had to pass both the Clear water and combined chlorine test, but then had to wait until my free chlorine drops to a reasonable level such that the error of the test wasn’t greater than one part per million.

Experts may chime in, but no one brought this to my attention in my slam thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.