Slam liquid or non liquid bleach

If you notice on the FC/CYA Levels it doesn’t go that low for swg w/cya of 40 so chlorinate based on the chlorine part of the chart for now . You’ve been well under minimum fc for your cya for a bit. Its very likely u have something growing. The oclt will confirm

Added 43 Oz of bleach on 5/29
About an hour later

Fc 7.4
Cc 1.0

Saturday morning
Fc 7.8
Cc 0.8
Ph 8.0
Ta 80
Cya 30

Not sure why the fc went up overnight. I assume that’s negligible.
The swg was unplugged
Sampling error with the first collection? I collected the water from the same allocation for both tests. Away from the return.

Nonetheless I don’t see any fc loss overnight

So now what?
1. I think I need to add cya to get it up to 60-70. Can the kids swim while I add the cya via the sock in the skimmer method as suggested by @Texas Splash.
2. Will monitor ph if gets higher will need to reduce.
3. Tonight Should I leave the swg off? I can’t select a percentage on my swg. It’s all or none.
4. I’m not shocking the pool.

Am I on the right track?

Dad, you can swim while the stabilizer is in a sock in the skimmer. Just tell everyone to stay away from that area. You are not in a SLAM correct? Interesting the CC was a bit elevated, but the sun should take care of that quickly today. Everything looks good. Enjoy. :swim:

??I wouldn’t aim for more than 60 cya incase u run into an issue & need to slam in the near future & so u don’t over shoot the mark. Check again in several days/ a week & go from there. In the meantime be sure & maintain the upper end of target for the cya u add so u never go below min.

Reactions: Dadofthree74
Just a follow up.

Added the 1lb of stabilizer in the sock in the skimmer with a zip tie. Brilliant.

This morning
Fc 5.8 (3.4,5.4)
Cc0.2
Ph 7.8
Cya 60

Having to run the swg from 5-8 hours at night to maintain a fc of around 5.

Anything else I need to do?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks good!
When u need to lower ph use muriatic acid- as dry acid can funk up your swg’s cell.
enjoy your pool! ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.