Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hey everyone! I've SLAM'd a couple times in the past and had great results, but this time having no improvement the past 3 days.

Pool had more algae than ever before (we were gone on a longer trip, didn't put enough chlorine in before leaving I guess, whoopsies). Started a SLAM with the following numbers:

-FC 2
-PH 7.2
-TA 30
-CYA 30

Been SLAMming with FC between 12-14. Have been brushing pool daily and cleaning/spraying my cartridge filter daily. Checking FC twice a day to maintain shock level. Initially there was some good reduction in the green (a week ago) but the past 3 days there seems to be no improvement. The pool is much less green and now much more cloudy, but I still get green algae accumulation on the walls, which I figured should stop because the FC should be high enough to prevent that right?

I'm wondering if I should maybe let the FC drop back down to 2-4 area and re-test TA and PH in case that's negating the chlorine? What do you think? Thanks as always!

I'm wondering if I should maybe let the FC drop back down to 2-4 area and re-test TA and PH in case that's negating the chlorine?
Full SLAM ahead. There's 2 things slowing your progress. More Algae that still needs killing, and anytime the FC dips below 12. It's a process and requires some patience. :)

Keep the FC up and (M)aintain it.

Brush and vac at least daily.

Hunt and scour every last inch for algae hiding in plain sight. Ladder rails, all up in the skimmer, light niches, autofills, etc etc etc. Every inch is suspect until proven otherwise.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Full SLAM ahead. There's 2 things slowing your progress. More Algae that still needs killing, and anytime the FC dips below 12. It's a process and requires some patience. :)

Keep the FC up and (M)aintain it.

Brush and vac at least daily.

Hunt and scour every last inch for algae hiding in plain sight. Ladder rails, all up in the skimmer, light niches, autofills, etc etc etc. Every inch is suspect until proven otherwise.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Aye aye cap'n! :) Tell the patience thing to my wife! haha

Although if I did a better job in the beginning I wouldn't be in this situation. I'll keep it at 12 and let you know how it's going in a few more days. Thank you!

Reactions: Newdude
full

• Love
If at all possible get more than two tests/ doses a day in. 3 or 4 is preferable, every couple hours is ideal but not always possible.
The more often you test & replenish slam level fc the faster things will move along.
& as mentioned above Check EVERY CRANNY!

+1. (M)aintain is 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12, not 12 10 8 6 12 10 8 6. (y)

We all have a life, we get it. But do the best you can. The more effort you put in, the better it goes.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.