Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-20
Started my SLAM 7 days ago. Water was crystal clear in the beginning but using up 5fc a night. That last 2 nights by FC loss as been 1.5ppm. My question is, I go out of town today and won’t be back for 4 days. How much progress will I lose if my wife continues to test and add chlorine at morning and night? She refuses to brush or vacuum the pool due to us having a 8 month baby and her work? Should it stay okay with no brushing or vacuuming? Thanks!

How much progress will I lose if my wife continues to test and add chlorine at morning and night?
Probably not much. It's great she can at least add some chlorine twice a day. You can take the stick when you get back.

Reactions: Tsteiny
So you went from losing 5ppm per night to 1.5ppm per night? That sounds like progress to me, so anything you can have done while you are out will be beneficial, and if anything, only minimal delay in the process. An 8 month old, and work, and still adding chlorine, and still testing is a helper I'd like on my team any day!

Started my SLAM 7 days ago. Water was crystal clear in the beginning but using up 5fc a night. That last 2 nights by FC loss as been 1.5ppm. My question is, I go out of town today and won’t be back for 4 days. How much progress will I lose if my wife continues to test and add chlorine at morning and night? She refuses to brush or vacuum the pool due to us having a 8 month baby and her work? Should it stay okay with no brushing or vacuuming? Thanks!
Send flowers back to her while you are away. She’s great to do all of that. The pool will be in great shape upon your return.

Reactions: Tsteiny
She’s definitely a keeper! The baby and her I think like watching the chlorine test. Kiddo thinks it’s hilarious 😆. Good to hear pool should be fine! I scrubbed 4-5 times a day and vacuum twice everyday till today. Was a lot of work and didn’t want to back track too much

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.