Skimmer Vacuum Question

Uncle Salty

Gold Supporter
Feb 3, 2017
South Carolina
I've had my pool up and running since Monday but during the fill process and not having my cover in place right away I have accumulated quite a few leaves in the bottom. I used the leaf net to get out what I could but that's some tough work getting those suckers out with the pole extended. I hooked up that triangle vacuum and it's basically useless so I threw my TigerShark in and it bogged down pretty quickly as I figured it would with that amount of debris. So I was thinking about getting the Pentair R201276 214 Pro vac but was concerned if it's okay to use on vinyl pool and also wondered if anyone has one or used one and if so is it as good as it claims. Also when I threw the TigerShark in for a second lap it wouldn't budge and I thought oh great stupid thing dies after one use, I finally found out what was wrong it, I got one of those sweet gum seed pods (looks like a giant spiked eyeball) stuck under the belt what a pain it was to get that thing out, we have them all over the yard.

If you have that much debris in the pool you really need to be removing it by hand with a net.

Casey-LeafRake.jpg

It's really tough to get leaves off the bottom with a net or at least the one I have, that's why I was thinking the Pentair vac would pull the quickly and with a lot less effort. Are there better nets, seems like it should have like a dust pan front so you can actually get under them instead of just pushing them around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.