Nov 17, 2017
Spring/TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

the waterline tiles of our pool were replaced and I noticed that the tiles of the top of the inlet to the skimmer were not replaced. The PB said that they do not replace them in order not to damage the concrete / seal of the rebar over the inlet. Anyone with experience if this sounds reasonable? It's sounds a little odd to me.

Thank you.

thumbnail.jpg

Thanks for all the replies! I am a little late to relpy

the top of the skimmer inlet is currently tiled with the old tiles and has - as mentioned above - some grout which needs to be cleaned.

The grout on the old tiles when they installed the new tiles and will be washed off. I do not see an issue here.

The question is whether (a) to remove the old tile and put the new tiles (and potentially risk to damage the seal to the rebar) or (b) follow the advise of the PB to not bother because it is only visible swimming close to the skimmer. I am leaning towards a) as it’s only cosmetic and not really viable - like YippeeSkippy said.

We had our PB add tile to the top of the skimmer. You don't notice it when out of the water, but in the water it stuck out like unfinished work. It now looks 1000x better and complete.

We had our PB add tile to the top of the skimmer. You don't notice it when out of the water, but in the water it stuck out like unfinished work. It now looks 1000x better and complete.
was that a new tile job? This poster has intact tile... I would hate to go messing with it just for cosmetic reasons since its not a high vis area. To take the tiles out and replace them would risk other problems down the road, I think?
Perhaps new tiles can be tiled over the old ones for improved look- there looks to be enough space?

was that a new tile job? This poster has intact tile... I would hate to go messing with it just for cosmetic reasons since its not a high vis area. To take the tiles out and replace them would risk other problems down the road, I think?
Perhaps new tiles can be tiled over the old ones for improved look- there looks to be enough space?
Semi New, it was done little over 1 1/2 year after the original tile install.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.