Skimmer sinking

ChristianK

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2022
Somerset, New Jersey
I've noticed that my skimmer and the pavers around it are slowly sinking. The pavers used to be right underneath the coping, but now there is about a 1" gap. The top of the skimmer is now also tilted, it is lower near the pool.
I'm fairly sure that I don't have a leak in my skimmer or the plumbing, but it is possible. The sinking as been happening over a few months, but after a recent pool party with 20 kids/adults using the pool for a full day, I noticed the tilting. In the last picture I pulled the collar up, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it just cosmetic or is the sinking skimmer going to pull on my vinyl liner?

Thanks

skimmer - side view.png

skimmer-inside view.png
skimmer - without collar.png

I would suspect a leak is causing loss of base material around there. As Pat said, you gotta pull up all the pavers and dig.

Is that a steel walled pool? If so, ground water saturation against the wall there from pool water will only lead to accelerated damage, corrosion, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.