Skimmer, return & light placement

uvavi8r

Gold Supporter
Aug 8, 2020
Falls Church, VA
I think we are actually getting close to our install, and wanted to check our placement of returns & lights (skimmer is sort of set due to pool placement and manufacturer pre-set location). We have a 14'6" x 26'3" Leisure Elegance 26. Comments are welcome and encouraged...I am thinking of swapping the lights and the returns on the long wall. The way the lights are positioned now the lights are shining up on the pool deck area. I am worried about debris collection in the niche by the steps...thanks in advance.Returns & Lights.jpg

That looks pretty good and would DEFINITELY reverse the lights and returns on the long walls, assuming the stairs are to be closest to the house, right?

Is that skimmer in position for the bulk of wind movement in your yard? So that the breeze helps carry along surface debris into the skimmer throat?

Maddie :flower:

So the other question is how deep should the returns be below the water line?

As for the skimmer, I am sort of limited in placement on the shell because the manufacturer has a "placement niche" built in, I think it is in the best place thankfully.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.