Skimmer Problems

Aug 27, 2019
Hartwell, Georgia
Let me preface this with, I'm a brand new pool owner. I have an inline chlorinator. This causes an issue when my pump kicks on or off, it causes my skimmer basket to jump out sideways, because there's not the weight of a chlorine tablet in it. This, in turn, causes a disruption in the water flow and, inevitably, my pump sucks air. It never quits pumping water, but the air in the system causes it to surge. Is there a weight or something I can put in the basket to keep it in place?

Hi and Welcome to TFP!

There's something amiss with your system if the basket jumps out when the pump starts, which I'll let the experts chime in to help you with.

You could put something in the basket, but do make sure it's bigger than the pipe under the basket. Recently a member here put a rock in the basket and it actually got lodged in the piping below it somehow. With yours jumping around like that, I wouldn't suggest anything small to be sure. But something very big also won't let your skimmer basket function properly. Better to sort out why it's causing the basket to jump around on you.

Reactions: chuckturner1969
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.