US
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
Hi. I installed this summer Saltwater 8000 24ft round AGP. Now is the time to winterize and plug the skimmer with the skimmer plug, but I have no idea what is the brand of the skimmer that came with it. The mouth size is roughly 11.5 x 5 1/4 inch. No notches to snap.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: With an AGP there are a couple methods to address the skimmer. Some people install a faceplate to the front, while others simply disconnect the suction hose/line from under the skimmer so moisture just drips out. They might also place a cut-up foam pool noodle in the skimmer itself in case water somehow accumulates. Are these scenarios somewhat similar to what you might consider, or is your pool set-up a bit different? Feel free to post a pic or two if needed.

The pics on the pool factory website show a hayward with that pool - at any rate, the size you are describing looks to be a wide mouth skimmer.
You said plug but do you mean plate so you can keep the water level in the pool at normal height without it entering the skimmer box?
If so this is what you need- it should fit all the ones they sell
Otherwise, you can drain the water in the pool an inch or so below the skimmer & leave the bottom of the skimmer open (removing the hose or pipe) to prevent water from accumulating & freezing in there over the winter as Tex mentioned.

They make skimmer plugs too, that is what I use. I used to use a plate - take out every other screw in the faceplate, and use them to attach the solid faceplate.

Now I use a plug like this. Just pops in. I have not had a problem in 3 seasons with it. I also remove and store my filter & pump and leave the suction line open, so anything that does get in the skimmer body can drain.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.